Full time, UK (Pref: Bristol)
Based in our UK Bristol office, the Senior Product Manager, SOFTWARE plays a pivotal role defining, delivering, and introducing XMOS’ voice, edge and on device AI embedded software products and tools to the market. Working closely with all aspects of the business, the role offers a unique chance to drive product development in a quickly evolving market, to secure business growth. Your responsibilities include:
- Management of software product lifecycle process from conception, through development to product launch, promotion and end-of-life management
- Development and presentation of propositions and business cases for new software products to executive leadership
- Gaining stakeholder buy-in and ensuring that all parties are informed and consulted throughout the software development life cycle
- Defining requirements and planning development with the Engineering team
- Develop insight and expertise in target markets to inform and guide the software product roadmap, synchronised with the hardware platforms they support
- Communicate software product value in target markets through sales collateral and training
- Provide the marketing team with technical input and guidance on corporate communications and messaging
- Working closely with the worldwide Sales teams, representing the software product roadmap, and driving strategy for key opportunities.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
XMOS stands at the interface between voice processing and artificial intelligence. We’re a leading supplier of voice and audio solutions to the consumer and commercial electronics market. Today our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software delivers class-leading far-field voice capture, and we’re building for a more natural human-machine interface tomorrow.
As a deep tech company, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will bring 5+ years of proven industry experience, preferably in embedded software. They will be highly results oriented and possess the credibility to gain access to key decision makers internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably technical) with a track record of relevant experience in developing and delivering embedded software products using agile software methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proven ability to succeed in a fast paced multi-cultural and multi-functional environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a mature individual who also possesses an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit and can influence leadership internally and externally
- Strategic acumen and the analytic skills to leverage the emerging markets trends for company benefit, by understanding the interplay of products, economics, ecosystem competitive landscape, market knowledge and industry trends
- Adaptability, agile and a willingness to take ownership and responsibility for delivery in a variety of areas
- Understanding how embedded software fits into the end-application and system-level software stack and be able to strategically position XMOS software and tools portfolio into a broader software ecosystem,
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated strong software product management skills, from creating detailed market and product requirement with supporting business cases, to managing and prioritising multiple software projects simultaneously
- A plus if experience is in Audio/IOT/Edge AI markets
- Private medical insurance – membership of the corporate healthcare plan, currently held with AVIVA. Option of adding partner and children if they are residing in the UK (incremental premium has to be paid by the Employee)
- Group income protection cover – the level of benefit payable is 75% of scheme salary and an employee will become entitled to benefit after being unable to work because of sickness or injury for 26 continuous weeks
- Life insurance – the benefit payable is a lump sum of 4 times scheme salary
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme – established for employee contributions, with XMOS matching these up to 5% of salary
- Holidays – 25 days, plus 3 days mandatory leave during office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Share Options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff