Full time, Bristol
XMOS is embarking on the design of our 4th generation processor, based on our unique multicore technology and targeting the artificial intelligence of things (AIoT). Our goal is to put intelligence “at the edge,” enabling low-cost, energy efficient, and computationally dense applications such as voice recognition, visual wake-word and vision systems for deployment in consumer products.
With the current device, xcore.ai, delivering >25GMACs (16bit), capable of executing TensorFlow Lite models, running the first deployed SMP FreeRTOS, and offering hard real-time flexibility, the next device has a hard act to follow!
Join the team
We are now looking for a passionate engineer, who can help formulate and direct the verification of this next device. Whilst this role reports to the Director of Hardware Design, you will be part of a much wider team that spans development of our own tools, compiler, and application software.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Processor core and chip level test specification and verification methodology.
- Verification tools & infrastructure.
- Executing and tracking the verification plan through to sign-off.
- Supporting the design team in closing coverage.
You will have a proven track record in the verification of complex digital ICs, with demonstrable skills in ASIC verification, from test specification to metric driven sign-off, including hands-on expertise in:
- Hardware verification languages theory and practice, including usage in RTL verification of processor systems. Ours is a Verilog / System Verilog environment, with a mix of UVM and custom instruction set checking.
- Strong knowledge of RTL test-plan generation, assertion based and formal verification techniques and coverage analysis.
- Directed and constrained random test approaches and use of assembly code / software in processor core verification. Embedded programming experience would be an advantage.
- In support of your verification effectiveness, you will be familiar with tool flow automation, automatic regression, and queuing systems, with a good understanding of scripting languages.
- Generation and maintenance of verification metrics and participated in release-readiness reviews.
- Version and change control management.
You will also have experience in chip level verification, including:
- Pad & complex IO structures & interfaces.
- Working with 3rd party IP and macro VIPs such as PLL, POR, PHY, SRAM, OTP, USB & MIPI.
- Interconnect fabrics. Your technical experience should include a working knowledge of processor architecture and processor design, with an appreciation of hardware and low-level software interoperation.
While this is a hands-on role, it would be beneficial if your experience includes leadership experience, be it of small verification team, working with 3rd party IP providers or directing sub- contractors.
XMOS is a global business, headquartered in Bristol (UK), with offices across Asia and the United States; and backed by some of the biggest names in high-tech venture capital.
XMOS stands at the interface between voice processing and artificial intelligence. A leading supplier of voice and audio solutions for the consumer and commercial electronics market, our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software delivers class-leading far-field voice capture. Our high-performance, easily integrated solutions are transforming consumers’ interactions with everyday devices.
As a deep tech company working to develop more natural human-machine interfaces, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
About our technology
XMOS is a fabless semiconductor company with a unique microcontroller design, underpinned by our own in-house tools.
Our approach to multicore, highly parallel stream processing enables our software team to develop highly efficient, “at the edge” intelligent sensor applications.
Today, we deliver best-in-class voice capture – detecting voice commands accurately, from across the room – even in noisy environments. And we’re building for a more natural human-machine interface tomorrow.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working – while the role is based in our Bristol office in the UK, we support flexible working patterns accommodating a mix of home and office-based working.
- Share options – EMI approved share options allocated at a level commensurate to seniority. A 4-year vesting profile with a 1-year cliff.
- Holidays – 25 days paid with an additional 3 days over the Christmas period when the office closes.
- Private medical insurance – membership of the corporate healthcare plan, currently held with AVIVA. Option of adding partner and children if they are residing in the UK (incremental premium must be paid by the Employee.)
- Group income protection cover – the level of benefit payable is 75% of scheme salary and an employee will become entitled to benefit after being unable to work because of sickness or injury for 26 continuous weeks.
- Life insurance – the benefit payable is a lump sum of 4 times scheme salary.
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme – established for employee contributions, with XMOS matching these up to 5% of salary.