Full time, China (Pref: Shenzhen, Shanghai)
Based in our China office, the Director of Business Development plays a pivotal role in shaping and building the Edge (on-device) AI partnership and business growth for XMOS. The role holder will work with global partners, clients and distributors, to deliver a significant impact on the rapidly emerging edge AI ecosystem in Asia. Your responsibilities include:
- Networking with senior leaders in the edge AI industry to build strong relationships and run a consultative sales / business development process from initiation to closure.
- Developing a deal pipeline by analysing market strategies, identifying strategic potential, assessing technology/segment fit and resolving internal priorities
- Working with marketing to develop campaigns to support partnerships and lead generation as well as raise the profile of XMOS in the region.
- Developing our negotiating strategies and stance by studying integration of new embedded AI, IoT user interface technologies and market strategies / operations; explore the risks and map XMOS goals to client needs and market size.
- Closing new business deals by coordinating requirements; leading contract negotiations and managing contract requirements with business operations.
- Protecting our organisation’s value and reputation by maintaining highest standards of confidentiality.
- Adhering to all internal quality standards and best practice for onboarding partnerships, including legal processes and maintaining the CRM (Customer Relationships Management) database
- Collaborating effectively with all internal stakeholders to align against common objectives, taking ownership for delivery against agreed target outcomes.
We’re a global business, headquartered in Bristol, with offices across Asia and the United States; and we’re backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital.
XMOS stands at the interface between voice processing, biometrics and artificial intelligence. Backed by some of the best names in high tech venture capital, we’re a leading supplier of voice and audio solutions to the consumer electronics market. Today our unique silicon architecture and highly differentiated software delivers class-leading far-field voice capture, and we’re building for a more natural human machine interface tomorrow.
As a deep tech company, we’re always looking for questioning, flexible and determined people to help make that happen. Ours is a learning environment, which means we hire for capability and potential – and help you to achieve your best.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual, ideally with 10+ years of proven experience within the industry. Highly persuasive and result oriented, you’ll have the credibility to immediately gain access to the key decision-makers in technology companies that require edge AI, Voice and human sensing application and platform solutions. You will have demonstrated strategic acumen with the skill-set to establish a market successfully, by identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing business partnerships in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent lead generation and consultative selling skills to develop a strong pipeline around business development goals.
- Excellent written and communication skills with a flair for presentation.
- Superb language capabilities – and be bi-lingual in Chinese and English as a minimum.
- A proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, multi-territory environment.
- Strategic acumen, leveraging emerging markets trends by understanding products, economics, ecosystem competitive landscape, market knowledge and industry trends.
- Strong programme management skills to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- High energy level and effective time management, with the ability to escalate issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be available to the right candidate.